Rogero returns with another update to his 4.30 custom firmware
for CEX consoles. If you thought that his firmware took a bad turn when
the Install Package Files functionality was removed, then you might
want to take that back. With this update, Rogero has reimplemented the
function which works better than the original. Not only that, Rogero has
squashed the bugs that were present in previous releases of his custom
firmwareRogero CEX 4.30 CFW v2.03 Changelog:
Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
- Rebuilt from scratch using OFW4.30 files only (no DEX/SEX files) with official XMB and full features working as in OFW4.30
known problems like XMB icons sorting and Demo Mode issues from
previous versions are now gone with the use of the official XMB.
- New[* Install Package Files] function supports:
Improved "Install Package Files" Application added to XMB instead of
using the traditional DEX Icon, to have a 100% original XMB.
- up to 256 pkg files
- split pkg files
- queued PKG indication (in red)
- multipart (split) PKG indication (in yellow)
- copy/transfer progress
- Scanned locations: /dev_usb*** /dev_hdd0 /dev_bdvd in /PKG /packages and root folders
- Split files format: .0 - .63 / .66600 - .66663 / .001 - .064
- CFW Structure fixed to match the OFW 4.xx Structure:
- No more corrupted data error messages while Installing from XMB or Recovery Menu.
- The CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30.
- HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW4.30 v2.03 will re-install without any problem.
LV1 to add peek/poke support to replace hvc 182/183 (multiMAN Direct
Disc Access is now working fine with CFW4.30 v2.03)
Patched LV1 to disable SYSTEM MANAGER INTEGRITY CHECK (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers /Flashing from FSM/Exiting from FSM, all works fine.
Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support. (for both LV1 and LV2)
Patched VSH to enable ReActPSN compatibility (Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files, Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat)
Spoofed the system version to latest OFW version 4.31.
PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current "passphrase" still the same.
Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.30 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
Current 3.55 homebrew applications can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21/4.30
As always, here are some guidelines from Rogero that you should follow when updating to a new firmware:
The QA flag is better to be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link ----> toggle_qa.pkg
- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because
you will always have a chance to recover when you have a valid dump.
- A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump may not fix your bricked PS3 **
Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.
NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the
UPDATE from the DISC First.You need to be already on a 3.55OFW or
3.55CFW/4.21CFW/4.30CFW to install this. Installing from any OFW >
3.55 won't work. (Hardware Flasher needed)
In Addition, this release has been tested and can be installed from the XMB if that is your preferred method of updating.Download: Rogero CEX 4.30 CFW v2.03 (Mirror) (Mirror 2) (Mirror 3)
192 MB (201,591,424 bytes)
Source: Rogero via Tortuga Cove
Thanks to realth
for the news tip!